Made by Sport #ClubsInCrisis Fund
The Made by Sport #ClubsIn Crisis Fund is awarding grants of up to £2,021to sports clubs or organisations working with young people between 5 - 25 within the sport for development sector (this includes any physical activity) which can demonstrate that:
- the Covid-19 pandemic has adversely affected them, either operationally or financially
- they require funding to save, resume or adapt their activity
Sports clubs and organisations must be actively working towards one or more of the following social outcomes rather than only focussing on developing and widening opportunities to participate:
- Developing life skills
- Improving mental health
- Reducing crime and anti-social behaviour
- Developing employability skills
- Building stronger communities
We will prioritise applications from clubs working in disadvantaged communities.
Wiltshire Community Foundation will be administering the programme for sports clubs and organisations in both Wiltshire and Devon.
Which organisations are eligible for funding?
- voluntary or community organisation
- registered charity
- social enterprise or Community Interest Company
- other not for profit organisation
- your organisation or the project funded through this grant focuses on young people aged 5-25 with at least 90% of the individuals who will benefit from the grant being from that age group.
Who isn't eligible for funding:
- Community sports clubs and organisations which only focus on developing and widening opportunities to participate
- organisations outside the UK
- sole traders or private companies
- government linked bodies
- organisations with an expenditure of over £75,000
Your organisation must have:
- an active management committee of at least three people who are not related to each other
- a bank account with two signatories who are unrelated to each other
- a constitution
- an Equal Opportunities Statement
- a Child Protection Policy or Vulnerable People Policy (over 18 years) and procedures if you are working with children or vulnerable adults
Note to applicants: Made By Sport is offering the opportunity thanks to support from the Cash4Clubs scheme. The Cash4Clubs scheme is funded by Flutter Entertainment Ltd. The donation being made by Flutter is the amount it benefitted from as a result of business rates relief, which was put in place from March 2020 to March 2021 for its shops in England. All applicants should consider this before applying for funding.
What can the grant be spent on?
The grants of up to £2,021 are unrestricted so can be spent on core costs as well as programme or capital costs including:
- Direct project costs including equipment and kit
- Staff costs related to the project including appropriately apportioned management time
- Appropriately apportioned core costs
- External monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Volunteer expenses
- Small capital expenditure items (such as changing facilities, resurfacing a play area or IT equipment), where a sustainable plan is in place for ongoing upkeep and maintenance
Grants can also be used towards match funding or leverage for a larger programme
In normal circumstances Made by Sport funding would not be able to be used for either debt repayment or for costs incurred before the funding was agreed. However, applications of this nature will be considered on this occasion if they meet the aims of this fund.
Please note priority for funding will be based on annual expenditure:
- Priority 1 – Up to £25,000
- Priority 2 – Up to £50,000
- Priority 3 – Up to £75,000
Deadline for applications 7 May. Please note this programme may close earlier if enough applications have been received.