Wessex Water Environment Fund
We are delighted to be working in partnership with Quartet, Somerset and Dorset Community Foundation to deliver the Wessex Water Environment Fund across the South West region
About the grant programme
The Wessex Water Environment Fund supports charitable and community activities which improve the local environment and have a positive impact on the quality of life for the local area.
Grants of up to £1,500 are available local organisations in the Wessex Water area. Applicants must demonstrate that their project has one or more of the following outcomes:
- involves communities in environmental activities that benefit the local area
- has a positive impact on the local environment
- shares learning about the local environment with others
Environmental priorities for this fund are:
- conservation of water use
- reduction of single use plastic
- reducing waste
- improvements in local biodiversity
Wessex Water Environment Fund Grants are targeted at organisations where a small amount of money can make a significant difference.
Please note: Swindon and some surrounding areas are not served by Wessex Water and therefore groups in these areas are not eligible to apply for this fund. If you are unsure, please check with us before applying
Which organisations are eligible for funding?
You can apply for a grant if you are a:
- voluntary or community group with charitable aims
- registered charity
- not-for-profit or Community interest Company (see additional notes)
- town or parish council
Your organisation must have:
- a copy of constitution/governing document if not registered at Companies House or Charities Commission
- a copy of a bank statement in the name of your organisation which is no more than three months old. This bank account must have two signatories who are unrelated individuals
- a copy of your most recent annual accounts or financial records that show your organisation’s balance of funds, income and expenditure.
- an up to date safeguarding policy for your organisation. This is required even if you don’t work directly with children or vulnerable adults
If you are a new or informal group and cannot provide the above, you can apply under the umbrella of another charitable organisation provided it is able to:
- supply the above documents
- take responsibility for the application being made
- take responsibility for receiving, overseeing and reporting back on the use of any grant awarded
Additional notes for CICs
If your group is a community interest company or not-for-profit company, you will need to have at least three Directors who are unrelated individuals AND the majority must be acting in an unpaid capacity i.e. not employed by or receiving payment from the company. CICs limited by shares are not eligible.
What types of projects are eligible for funding?
You can apply for a grant for:
- core costs or project costs including:
- overhead costs
What we don’t fund:
- applications from individuals
- national organisations (independent branches can apply)
- general appeals
- activities which are a statutory responsibility
- political groups or activities promoting religious beliefs
- animal welfare
- arts or sports projects with no significant community or charitable element.
- one off events with no significant community or charitable element
- medical research, equipment or treatment
- projects that take place before a grant can be awarded
- activities that raise funds for other organisations
You cannot apply to the Wessex Water Environment Fund if you are currently receiving Partners Programme funding from Wessex Water.
If your group has received other funding from Wessex Water since April 2020 you can apply but you may be a lower priority for support from this fund
Open for applications. Closing date Friday 4 June 2021 at 12 noonApply here