Education Support Grant
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for an Education Support Grant if a child or young person:
- is under the age of 25 at the time of the application
- has a long-term health issue, disability, education need or are or have been in the care of the local authority
- has lived in Wiltshire or Swindon for the last two years
- their parents/guardians are claiming at least one means tested benefit or they are in the care of Wiltshire County or Swindon Borough councils.
What can the grant be used for?
Grants can be used towards equipment or support costs which school or college funds do not cover such as:
- educational resources for use at home
- out of school activities which contribute to learning
- therapeutic services such as music, play or equine
- IT equipment
- travel costs in some circumstances
This list is not exhaustive and if you have an idea that fits within the scope of the education please email the Grants Team on email@example.com
We are open for applications. Applications will be considered at our next panel meeting in November.Apply here