University Bursary - One Degree More
This grant is for young people under 25 to support the costs of studying their first undergraduate degree course at a UK university
Who is eligible to apply?
Our University Bursary is a £1,600 grant for each year of a degree course. It can help with general living expenses, travel costs, books etc. Provided a student’s circumstances remain the same, £1600 is paid for each academic year.
You can apply for a University Bursary if:
- you, your parents or guardians receive two means-tested benefits or two elements of Universal Credit
- you are between 17 and 24 years old
- you have lived in Wiltshire or Swindon for at least two years (If you are already at university your family home must be in Wiltshire or Swindon)
- you are eligible for funding through Student Finance England
- you are planning to study (or already studying) for your first undergraduate degree at a UK university/institution.
What can the bursary be used for?
Bursaries can be used towards:
- general living expenses
- course costs
- travel costs (excluding studying abroad)
- books and equipment
Further guidance on the programme is available here and we ask you to read it before starting your application.
We have a limited number of bursaries to award each year, so being eligible does not guarantee that you will be awarded a grant. We may receive more applications than we can fund. We aim to award bursaries to those who will benefit most.
This programme opens for applications in January 2024.