Vocational Support Grant
Grants are available to individuals aged between 14 and 25 to support the costs of vocational training at school, college or sixth form or for training through an apprenticeship.
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for a Vocational Grant of up to £1,000 if you:
- are under 25 at the time of application
- will be studying at school, college, sixth form or undertaking an apprenticeship
- have lived in Wiltshire or Swindon for at least two years
- your parents or guardians receive one means-tested benefit
- are in the care of Wiltshire Council or Swindon Borough Council (Looked After Child - LAC)
What can the grant be used for?
Our Vocational Support Grant is aimed at young people aged under age of 25 who have either started, or are about to start a vocational course, training, qualification or apprenticeship. The grants can support the costs of:
- educational resources or equipment for the course training or qualification
- IT equipment
- course related study/field trips
- travel costs – in some circumstances
This list is not exhaustive and if you have an idea that fits within the scope of education or training, please email the Grants Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Full guidance notes to assist with applications are available here
This programme is currently closed for applications and will reopen in Spring 2024 but you can register your interest below.